Granular Fertilizer Equipment
There are three types of fertilizer equipment used for granular applications, each with its advantages and disadvantages.
1. Drop spreader -
This push type spreader drops the fertilizer in narrow strips between the wheels.
- Pros: Accurate. More control. Good for smaller yard. Little waste.
- Cons: Doesn’t deliver much with each pass. Slow for larger yard. Risk of striping if you miss or overlap rows.
2. Handheld rotary spreader –
This smaller spreader distributes fertilizer by centrifugal force.
- Pros: Good for small areas. Faster than drop spreaders.
- Cons: Limited capacity does not make it good for larger areas.
2. Wheeled rotary spreader
This push type spreader broadcasts fertilizer from a spinning disk.
- Pros: Covers large area quickly.
- Cons: Less control.
All of these are inexpensive and are sold in local garden supply stores.
Return from Granular Fertilizer Equipment to Advantages of Fertilizers.