Tips to Prevent Lawn Care Problems from Watering
Avoid future lawn care problems from watering by following these basic guidelines...by Robert DeStaso Landscaping.
- New lawn – Water enough to keep the surface moist.
- Existing Lawn - Water deeply but infrequently.
- Water in the morning. Grass blades dry as the day warms up, discouraging disease.
- Sloped lawns – Water less, but more frequently to prevent runoff.
Overwatering can result in...
- Root rot.
- Wasting a valuable resource.
- Runoff of soil, fertilizer, and/or pesticides.
- Increased risk of disease such as fungus.
Underwatering can result in...
- A thin lawn.
- A decrease in root depth.
- Stunting of growth.
If you have underground sprinklers, they may need to be adjusted. If you don't have sprinklers, it is really worth the money to get them. Homes with with lawn sprinklers always look amazing even in the heat of the summer.
It can't hurt to get a quote from a local sprinkler company. You can sign up online for a free estimate.
Also, if you put some effort into creating a healthy lawn, you will be better prepared in case your Town passes a Lawn Watering Restriction.
Return from Lawn Care Problems from Watering to Homepage .