Liquid Fertilizer Equipment
Liquid fertilizer equipment comes in different sizes depending on how much ground you have to cover. I prefer applying liquid over granular because liquid is cheaper and absorbs into the soil faster. You can also combine fertilizer and pesticides in one application.
- Hand sprayer
- Pros: Good for small areas.
- Cons: Small capacity.
- Pros: Versatile. Can be used to spray lawns, bushes, small trees.
Puts weight on your back instead of your arms (hand sprayer).
Good for about ½ acre. Holds less than 5 gallons.
- Cons: Increases risk of exposure. If seals leak, it drips down your back.
- Pros: Can handle large areas quickly.
Less risk of exposure. Distance between you and the sprayer.
- Cons: Requires more mechanical knowledge. Can be more complicated to operate.
- Pros: Can handle large areas that require huge volumes of pesticides/ fertilizer. You can spray much higher--trees.
- Cons: Heavy. Difficult to transport.
Takes up a lot of storage space.
Requires accurate estimates of how much is needed. It’s a pain to dispose of huge volumes of unused quantities.
Return from Liquid Fertilizer Equipment to Advantages of Fertilizers.